Veggie sandwiches made with spinach and corn cooked in a creamy sauce. They also make a great lunch!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/2 cup sweet corn, I used frozen corn which I soaked in warm water for 5 minutes before using
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper powder
- salt, to taste
- 1 cup chopped spinach [75 grams]
- 1.5 teaspoons all purpose flour, also known as maida
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon italian seasoning, or to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon red chili flakes, or to taste
- 1/4 + 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, skip if using fresh garlic [if using garlic use 1 large clove]
- 4 bread slices, I used whole wheat bread
- 1-2 cheese slices, optional, I used Amul cheese slices
Heat 1 tablespoon butter in a skillet. Once the butter melts, add corn and saute for 1 minute. Add black pepper, salt and mix.
Add chopped spinach and cook for 30 seconds till leaves wilt.
Then add all purpose flour (maida) and saute for 1-2 minute till it’s all roasted.
Add milk, keep stirring. Add italian seasoning, red chili flakes and garlic powder. Stir to combine. [PS: you may use a large clove of garlic in place of garlic powder. Saute garlic with butter before adding the corn in that case].
Let it all cook for 2 minutes or till milk dries up and mixture looks like a paste.
Spread the prepared spinach corn mixture on bread slices. Top with cheese slices (if using).
Melt the remaining tablespoon of butter in a grill pan. Toast till sandwiches are golden brown from both sides.
Cut into slices and serve these spinach corn sandwich with any sauce of choice.