Recipe Servings: 2
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Poha Recipe: Poha is an easy, delicious and healthy breakfast recipe, popular in Maharashtra. Made with onions, potatoes and seasoning like chillies, lemon and curry leaves make up a tasty and easy meal of Poha, especially when you don’t feel like cooking.
Ingredients Of Poha
- 1 Cup Poha/chivda (pressed rice)
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 1/8 tsp Asafoetida
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 Cup Onions, finely chopped
- 8-10 Curry leaves
- 2-3 Whole red chillies
- 1/2 Cup Potatoes (diced small)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Green chillies, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp Lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Coriander leaves, chopped
- For garnish Lemon wedges
How to Make Poha
- 1.Put poha in a colander and wash, not letting it soak too long in the water. Leave in the colander to drain out completely.
- 2.Heat the oil and add the asafoetida, mustard seeds, curry leaves and onions along with whole red chillies.
- 3.When onions are light brown, add potatoes, and turn around till they look a bit glossy.
- 4.Add the turmeric and sauté over low heat till the potatoes are cooked through.
- 5.Increase the heat, add salt and poha and mix well. Saute till mixed and heated through.
- 6.Shut off the heat, and mix in the green chillies, lemon juice and half of the coriander.
- 7.Transfer on to a serving dish, garnish with the rest of the coriander and lemon wedges and serve.