Navratri Special: Low Fat Makhana Kheer Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Low Fat Makhana Kheer Recipe | Makhana Kheer Recipe: A quintessential Indian dessert, kheer is loved by one and all across the country. Be it a festival, puja or any celebratory occasion, Kheer is the constant food to celebrate one. This kheer recipe is a special one, for those fasting in the festive season of Navratri or are on the low-fat diet, this is the perfect dessert to indulge in as it serves both. Now fasting during Navratri wouldn’t stop you from relishing such delicious desserts. Serve this easy kheer recipe to guests post a great dinner or make it as a prasad for the puja.
Ingredients in Low Fat Makhana Kheer Recipe: A delicious dessert made of milk simmered till thick with puffed lotus seeds and flavoured with nuts and cardamom. So no more compromises on your sweet cravings while fasting this Navratri!
Ingredients Of Low Fat Makhana Kheer
- 1 Litre Milk
- 1/4 cup Makhana (puffed lotus seeds)
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Pistachios, chopped
- 2 tsp Almonds, chopped
- 1 tsp Green cardamom powder (optional)
How to Make Low Fat Makhana Kheer
- 1. In a deep vessel, pour in the milk, break the makhanas into smaller pieces, add them to the milk and let it simmer for about 1 1/2 to 2 hours without covering, till the milk boils down and the seeds are soft.
- 2. Add the sugar and stir for a few minutes.
- 3. Add the pistachios, almonds and cardamom powder, stir well again.
- 4. Serve hot or cold, as you like.