Vratwala Chawal Dhokla Recipe
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
The fasting season can be tiresome and boring without the spice food and delicacies, to minimize your cravings of mid-time snacks we have this fermented dhokla made with samwat chaawal (special rice used during the festival of Navaratri). Tempered with whole red chillies, cumin, ghee and curry leaves. Enjoy this Navratri fasting special dish at home and you would not be able to resist making it on another occasion!
Ingredients Of Vratwala Chawal Dhokla
- 3/4 Cup Samwat ke chawal
- 1 Cup Sour yogurt
- 1 tsp Ginger paste
- To taste Green chillies paste
- 1 tsp Sendha namak (rock salt)
- 2 tsp Oil/ghee
- 2 Whole dry red peppers
- 6-7 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- For garnishing Coconut and fresh coriander, grated
How to Make Vratwala Chawal Dhokla
- 1. Roast the rice in a pan very lightly and do not let it brown.
- 2. Prepare the batter by mixing rice, rock salt, chilli paste, ginger paste and yogurt. Leave the mixture to ferment overnight. It should become a bit spongy.
- 3. Grease a tin with little ghee and transfer the batter into it.
- 4. Place the tin into the steamer and let cook for 20 minutes.
- 5.Test if it is done and then let it cool.
- 1.Heat ghee in a pan. Add cumin, red pepper and curry leaves. Now pour it over the dhokla.
- 2. Cut the dhokla into serving pieces and serve garnished with the coriander and coconut.