Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa Recipe
How to make Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa
Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Difficult
The all-time favourite tea time snack, only this time it is made with singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour). So now you can feast on these while fasting. This samosa recipe will serve you best when you crave anything crispy during this Navratri.
Ingredients Of Singhare Ke Atte Ka Samosa
- For the dough:
- 120 Gram Singhare ka atta (water chestnut flour)
- 1/4 Cup Arrowroot
- 60 Gram Ghee
- 2 1/2 Cups Water
- 1 tsp Sendha namak (white rock salt)
- For deep-frying Ghee
- For the filling:
- 125 Gram Chironji (charoli) (soaked in water for about 2 hours)
- 3/4 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 Tbsp Zeera (cumin seeds)
- 2 tsp Dhania (coriander powder)
- 2 tsp Sendha namak (white rock salt )
- 1/2 tsp Elaichi (cardamom) powder
- 30 Gram Ghee
How to Make Singhare ke Atte ka Samosa
- Prepare samosa filling:
- 1. Remove the husk of the chironji and grind coarsely.
- 2. Heat the 2 tbsp ghee, in a pan and add the zeera. When it splutters, add chironji and rest of the filling ingredients.
- 3. Saute over low heat till mixture is well fried. Leave to cool.
- Prepare samosa dough:
- 1. Place the water, ghee and 1 tsp salt in a pan and bring to a boil.
- 2. As soon as it comes to a boil, put in the atta and arrowroot and mix well, over low heat, until it collects together in the centre.
- 3. Take the dough off the heat and leave to cool.
- 4. Roll dough (using dry flour or arrowroot if it sticks) into 1/8″ thick rounds, 3″ diameter, and cut into halves.
- 5. Take one half, wet the edges. Fold the straight edge at the centre and join overlapping the other edge to form into a cone.
- 6. Press the overlapping portion, and fill the cone with the filling, and press the edges together to seal the `Samosa’. Repeat, with the rest of the pieces.
- 7. Heat the ghee and over high heat, add as many samosas as come in without touching.
- 8. Lower the heat to medium and fry to a golden brown on either side.
- 9. Serve hot.