furthermore, some important tips and suggestions for a perfect amritsari kulcha recipe. firstly, i have kneaded the dough with plain luke warm water, however even warm milk can be used to knead the dough. this would result in a soft and layered kulcha recipe. secondly, always apply water to backside of kulcha before heating it on tawa or oven. lastly, the potato stuffing can be completely ignored and you can prepare plain kulcha recipe.
TO PREPARE DOUGH:
- 2 cups maida / all-purpose flour / refined flour / plain flour
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- salt to taste
- ¼ cup curd / yogurt, fresh thick
- 2 tsp oil
- luke water as required, to knead
FOR POTATO STUFFING:
- 2 large potato, boiled and peeled
- 1 green chili, finely chopped
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chili powder / lal mirch powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- ¼ tsp aamchur powder / dry mango powder
- ¼ tsp ajwain / carrom seeds
- 2 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- salt to taste
- 2 tsp black sesame seeds / til
- 3 tbsp coriander leaves, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp butter
firstly, knead the dough for 10 minutes with ingredients listed for dough.
cover with a moist cloth and rest for 2 hours in warm place.
meanwhile, in a mixing bowl prepare stuffing mixing the ingredients listed for stuffing.
after 2 hours, pinch a ball sized dough.
and roll to 5 inch circular disk and place aloo stuffing in the centre.
take the edge and start pleating bringing to centre.
sprinkle some sesame seeds and coriander leaves.
gently roll to oval shape using rolling pin.
brush with water over kulcha.
furthermore, slowly flip over and put it on hot tawa and press gently.
after a minute, flip the tawa upside down and cook kulcha directly on flame till they turn golden brown
finally, spread some more butter and serve aloo kulcha hot.