A job notification has been released by Indian Coast Guard for the Indian male candidates to recruit Diploma holders as Yantrik for 02/ 2018 Batch.
Minimum 18 years and maximum 22 years i.e. born between 01 Aug 1996 to 31 Jul 2000 (both date inclusive, upper age relaxation of 5 years for SC/ST and 3 years for OBC category candidates).
Matriculation or equivalent and Diploma in Electrical/ Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication (Radio/Power) Engineering Approved by All India Council of Technical Education (AICTE) with 60% in aggregate. (5 % relaxation in above minimum cut off will be given for SC/ST candidates and outstanding sports person of National level who have obtained 1st, 2nd or 3rd position in any field sports events at the Open National Championship/ Interstate National Championship. This relaxation will also be applicable to the wards of Coast Guard uniform personnel deceased while in service).
Pay and Allowances:
On joining Indian Coast Guard, you will be placed in Basic pay Rs. 29200/- (Pay Level-5). In addition, you will be paid Yantrik pay @ Rs. 6200/- plus Dearness Allowance and other allowances based on nature of duty/ place of posting as per the regulation enforced time to time.
- Shortlisting criteria for applications will be based on higher percentage of marks in the diploma. SC and ST candidates will be given due weightage while shortlisting. The qualifying cut off percentage can be increased if more number of applications are received.
- The written tests will be objective type. The questions paper will contain questions from their respective branch (Mechanical /Electrical/Electronics & Telecommunication) and will also include some questions of general knowledge, reasoning aptitude & English. Those who qualify written tests will undergo Physical Fitness Test (PFT) and initial Medical Examination. The testing procedure will take 2-3 days.
- Physical Fitness Test (PFT) will be conducted for all those who qualify the written tests. All candidates are advised to be in possession of sport rig i.e Sport Shoe, T shirt, Trouser etc.
- Candidates those who qualify the Physical Fitness Test will be required to undergo initial recruitment medical examination at the respective recruitment centre. Based on the performance in the written examination, candidates will be shortlisted for medical examination in a ratio as may be decided by Coast Guard. Mere declaration of fit in initial medical examination does not indicate selection of the candidate for the final medical at INS Chilka.
- The select list will be prepared from the candidates who qualify in all the
tests depending upon the available vacancies.
Also Read: Happy Holi Wishes 2018
How to Apply:
- Applications will be accepted ‘Online only’ from 12 to 19 Jan 18 till 1700 Hrs. To fill up “Online” application the candidates need to logon to the Website www.joinindiancoastguard.gov.in and click on opportunities button.
- Select the advertisement for Yantrik 02/2018 Batch (Diploma in Electrical / Mechanical / Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering) and select the post you want to apply for.
- Read the instructions and click on the ‘I Agree’ button and the ‘Online Application’ will be displayed. Proceed to fill up the application and on completion of filling application, check your filled details once again prior clicking on the submit button.
- On successful submission of the online application a unique Application/ Registration number will be provided to the candidate. Candidate must note down this application number for future reference and for retrieval/reprint of the e-admit card.
For detailed information, check the Official Notification.