How to take Control on Your Emotions so Your Emotions Don’t Control You
Have you ever said something to someone that you later regretted?
Emotions (feelings) are powerful. Your personality determines how you interact with others, how anyone can become a better version of themselves by just regulating their emotions. Just like any other skill, you can manage your emotions accordingly; it only requires practice and dedication.
Here are some ways to gain better control over your mood:
1. Label Your Emotions
2. Reframe Your Thoughts
3. Engage in a Mood Booster
4. Create an agreement to discuss the issue.
5. Be proactive by getting yourself centred, grounded, and open
6. Take responsibility for your own part.
7. Anger Can Lead You to Do Things You’ll Later Regret
8. Anxiety Can Cause You to Waste Time Worrying
9. Frustration Can Lead You to Give Up
10. Sadness Can Cause You to Withdraw
11. Fear Can Cause You to Avoid
12. Excitement Can Cause You to Overlook Risk
13. Shame Can Cause You to Hide