How to make Watermelon Lychee Granit
Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
Watermelon Lychee Granita Recipe: Relish the refreshing flavours of watermelon and lychee swirling in this icy cool granita – perfect to beat that scorching summer heat. Sip and enjoy!
Ingredients Of Watermelon Lychee Granita
- 1/2 cup cubed watermelon
- 7-8 lychee
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 10 mint leaves
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp grated ginger
How to Make Watermelon Lychee Granita
- 1.Pit lychees and discard the seeds.
- 2.In a blender, put mint leaves, ginger and sugar. Pulse once to release flavours.
- 3.Now add 1/2 cup of cubed watermelon, lemon juice and lychee.
- 4.Blend to a smooth puree and transfer to a bowl.
- 5.Blend the remaining watermelon to a smooth puree and combine this with the previous mixture, mix well.
- 6.Pour this mixture into a sturdy freezer-safe container. Freeze till set.
- 7.Once frozen, use a fork and start raking the mixture from the sides first. Proceed to the center eventually.
- 8.Put it back in the freezer once the entire mass is raked up.
- 9.After 2 hours, remove and repeat the raking process. Freeze till ready to serve.
- 10.Garnish with a few mint leaves.
Key Ingredients: 1/2 cup cubed watermelon, 7-8 lychee, 1/2 cup sugar, 10 mint leaves, 1 Tbsp lemon juice, 1 tsp grated ginger