Made from fresh veggies Vermicelli Pulao is a favorite among all age groups. Just Pack it in lunch box and see it coming back empty.
Ingredients For Semiya Veg Kichadi
- Roasted Vermicelli – 1 cup (150 gms )
- Baby Corn – 4 ( finely chopped )
- Capsicum – 1 (finely chopped )
- Carrot – 1 (finely chopped )
- Tomatoes – 2 (finely chopped )
- Cauliflower – 1/2 cup (finely chopped )
- Green Peas – 1/2 cup
- Green coriander – 3 to 4 tbsp (finely chopped )
- Butter – 2 tbsp
- Pasta Sauce – 2 tbsp
- Green chilies – 2 (finely chopped )
- Chaat Masala – 1/2 tsp
- Ginger paste – 1 tsp
- Salt – 1 tsp or to taste
How to make Veg Vermicelli Pulao
Boil the Vermicelli
Boil 2 cups water in a vessel. Add roasted sevaiya to the boiling water. Boil till vermicelli softens. Check at regular intervals. Once vermicelli softens turn off flame.
To cook veggies,
Heat a pan, put 2 tbsp butter in it , as it melts add 1 tsp ginger paste, 2 finely chopped green chili. Reduce flame to prevent spices from browning. Add carrots , baby corn. Stir and cook well on high flame for 1 minute. Add cauliflower, after 1 minute add green peas then after 1 more minute add capsicum. Cook veggies for 3 minutes. Add tomatoes and roast slightly. When veggies are cooked , add pasta sauce, chaat masala, salt and stir well. Veggies are completely cooked. Add the vermicelli to the veggies, a little green coriander, Mix all ingredients till they blend well.Reduce flame.Stir well and cook for 2 minutes.
Once ready take it out in a plate serve it steaming hot. Relish it anytime. You can also have it as breakfast or pack it in your kids lunch box.
- You can take unroasted sevaiya, then roast with some ghee in a pan.
- You can add oil instead of butter for veggies.
- If you like onion, you can add one finely chopped onion too.
- Add capsicum in the end of veggies as it is cooked very easily.
- You can take the veggies according to your preference. This is a good way to include veggies in your kid’s diet.
- Using pasta sauce is optional. You can use red chilli or dry mango powder.