- Soak the vermicelli 30 minutes in warm water; drain.
- In a large bowl, mix the vermicelli, eggs, onion, mushrooms, shrimp, pork, vegetable oil, carrot, crabmeat, bean sprouts, pepper, soy sauce, fish sauce and garlic.
- One by one, moisten the rice wrappers with a damp tea towel and fill with 2 to 3 tablespoons of the vermicelli mixture. Roll the wrappers, and allow them to set for 30 minutes.
- In a large saucepan, heat the oil to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Fry the spring rolls one or two at a time until golden brown, about 3 minutes. Drain on paper towels.