How to make Sheer Khurma
Recipe Servings: 5
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Sheer Khurma Recipe | Sheer Korma: Sheer Khurma is an authentic version of vermicelli pudding specially prepared for Eid festivities. ‘Sheer’ is Persian for milk and ‘khurma’ is another word for dates. This Eid recipe is a traditional delicacy which is made differently in different households.
Ingredients of Sheer Khurma Recipe | Sheer Korma: Vermicelli or sewai, milk, and loads of nuts make for this tasty Indian dessert.
Ingredients Of Sheer Khurma
- 500 Ml Milk, full cream
- 50 Gram Vermicelli (broken into small pieces), roasted
- 1/4 Cup Sugar
- 2 Tbsp Dates, chopped
- 1/4 Cup Raisins
- 1/4 Cup Almonds (cut into pieces), blanched
- 1/4 Cup Pistachios
- 1/4 Cup Ghee
- 1/2 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom powder
How to Make Sheer Khurma
- 1.Take a pan and pour ghee in it.
- 2.Add almonds, raisins and pistachios to it. Saute well.
- 3.Now in another hot pan with ghee, add vermicelli. Roast well.
- 4.In another wide pan simmer the milk till it thickens, add sugar and simmer again.
- 5.Add the roasted vermicelli and dry fruits along with dates and saffron.
- 6.Mix well till simmer. Add cardamom powder. Bring to simmer.
- 7.Serve chilled, garnished with dates.