Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
Recipe Servings: 5
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Rajasthani Mirchi Vada Recipe | Mirchi Pakoda Recipe: This is a popular street snack of Rajasthan also known as Jodhpuri Mirchi Vada. Green peppers stuffed with a masala aloo filling and deep fried. Serve with tangy tomato chutney or white bread.
Ingredients Of Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- 12-15 Large Green peppers
- 1 Cup Besan (chick-pea flour)
- 1 tsp Salt
- Water (to mix the batter)
- For deep frying Oil
- For the filling:
- 250 Gram Potatoes (peeled and mashed), boiled
- 2 tsp Salt
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 2 tsp Aamchoor (dried mango powder)
- 2 tsp Coriander powder
- 1/4 tsp Asafoetida
- 2 tsp Saunf (fennel seeds, crushed)
- 1 tsp Green chillis (chopped)
How to Make Rajasthani Mirchi Vada
- Prepare the filling:
- 1.Mix together the potatoes, salt, chilli powder, amchoor, coriander powder, asafoetida, green chillies
- Prepare the vada:
- 1. Wash and wipe the peppers, slit lengthwise, and de-seed.
- 2. Fill with the potato filling.
- 3. Mix the besan with the salt and enough water to form a thick, smooth paste.
- 4. Heat the oil till a drop of batter dropped in comes up at once.
- 5. Dip the pepper in the batter, and drop it into the hot oil.
- 6. Lower the heat to medium and fry till golden colour.
- 7. Lift out and transfer on to an absorbent paper, before serving.