Aloo Bhujia Recipe
Aloo bhujia Recipe / Potato Sev is one of the crunchiest Indian Snack Dish, made with potatoes, besan and spices. Aloo Bhujia is also known as Potato Sev or Aloo Ki Bhujia.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1-1/2 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 1/10 teaspoon asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp red chilli powder or as per your taste
- 3/4 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/8 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 tsp cashew nuts (blanched)
- 1 tsp peanuts
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Pressure cook the potatoes for 4 whistles, till turns soft.
- Roast or fry the peanuts and cashew nuts in little oil and keep aside.
- Peel the skin of boiled potatoes and nicely mash them without any lumps.
- Take a big bowl and combine mashed potatoes, besan, lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, asafoetida and garam masala powder.
- Add little oil and knead into a pliable dough. AT this moment, the mixture will be little sticky, but that’s okay.
- Heat good amount of oil in a frying pan. Now carefully put the dough inside the murukku presser, and start squeezing in hot oil.
- Aloo Bhujia gets cooked very fast, so keep stirring and take it out as soon as it is done.
- The sizzle sound will subside once it is cooked and little browned. Be careful not to get it too brown.
- Repeat the same process for the rest of the dough.
- Drain aloo bhujia on the paper napkins and then quickly toss with fried cashew nuts and peanuts.
- Homemade Aloo Bhujia are ready to serve.
These homemade Aloo Bhujia are healthy and tasty. Store them in an air tight container. You can keep them for 5-6 days and enjoy with your evening tea.