Recipe Servings: 6
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Easy
About Aloo Tikki Recipe: Straight from the Indian streets into the comfort of your homes, a crisp mix of peas, potatoes and spices. Aloo Tikki has long been a comfort street food across the country and is eaten with various accompaniments like chutneys, chickpeas, etc. A crispy,deep fried mix of potatoes with spices makes for this delicious vegetarian snack that you can have along a hot cup of tea.
Ingredients Of Aloo Tikki
- 4 potatoes (peeled), boiled
- 1/2 tsp coriander seeds
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 cup peas, boiled
- to taste sea salt
- 2 tsp ginger paste
- 100 ml refined oil
- 1 onion, julienne
- 1 green chilli, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh coriander, small
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
How to Make Aloo Tikki
- 1.Dry roast coriander seeds, pepper and cumin in a pan. Powder the dry roasted spices into mortar and pestle.
- 2.In a bowl mash four potatoes. In another bowl mash half a cup of peas. Combine these two together and mix well.
- 3.Add 2 tsp ginger paste.
- 4.In a pan, saute one onion (julienne) with refined oil and add them into aloo tikki mixture.
- 5.Add little salt, roasted masala spice, green chilly, fresh coriander and red chilli powder into aloo tikki mixture. Mix well. Add 1/2 tsp oil for some moisture.
- 6.Take a portion of aloo tikki mixture and make a ball out of it and gently flatten them into a round shape. Keep them in a fridge for 30 minutes.
- 7.Sprinkle some flour onto them.
- 8.In a pan, shallow fry the aloo tikki with refined oil.
- 9.Garnish and serve hot.