Healthy And Tasty bhindi ki sabji recipe
Prep time-10 minutes
Cooking time- 30 minutes
Total time- 40 minutes
Bhindi ki sabji with peanuts is really famous Maharashtrian style stir-fried okra. Is a simple and quick recipe which is served with chapathi. It is also called the lunchbox recipe.
Recipe type- main
- Bhindi/Okra – 600 grams, rinsed & wiped dry
- Groundnut oil – 3 tbsp
- Garlic – 15 medium-sized cloves, halved
- Turmeric powder – ½ tsp
- Salt – to taste
- Byadgi red chili powder – 2 tsp (or 1 tsp regular red chili)
- Roasted besan / chickpea flour – 1 tbsp
- Coarsely ground roasted groundnuts – ¼ cup
- Cut the head and tail of the bhindi.
- Slit it lengthwise into half, and then again into quarters.
- Heat groundnut oil in a kadhai or pan. Add in the garlic and saute it until golden.
- Add turmeric powder and give it a quick stir.
- Toss in the bhindi.
- Give it a stir. Continue to cook on medium heat stirring often.
- Cook until the bhindi is tender.
- Add salt. Mix. Saute for a couple of minutes until the bhindi is cooked but not mushy.
- In the meanwhile, combine roasted besan/chickpea flour and ground peanut in a bowl.
- Add the roasted besan/chickpea flour and ground peanut mixture, and the byadgi red chili to the bhindi.
- Mix and saute for another 2 minutes.
- Bhindi ki sabzi with peanuts is ready. Serve it hot with roti or dal rice. Enjoy.