How to Calm Your Nerves and Stay Cool: 15 Tips That Work
When a serious situation arises at work, your first instinct may be to panic. Unfortunately, severe anxiety and stress can result in a complete meltdown. This response can cause long term damage to your health and lower your ability to perform optimally.
1. Just breathe.
2. Then think of the consequences.
3. Remember: It’s not always about you.
4. Take it just one small – or tiny – step at a time.
5. Question your perspective.
6. What would someone else do?
8. Remember to keep things extremely simple.
9. Ask instead of guessing.
10. Be 10 minutes early.
11. Reduce your to-do list.
12. Go for a 5-15 minute laugh break.
13. Take some time for yourself in nature.
14. Ask for help.
15. Had a setback? Then be your own best friend.