Recipe Servings: 10
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Medium
About Boondi ke Ladoo (Boondi ke Laddu) Recipe: A very famous Indian dessert, Boondi ke Ladoo are also known as Motichoor ke ladoo and are usually made during festive times like Diwali or at Indian weddings and pujas. Boondi is made of small, round shaped droplets, which are called ‘boond’ and hence the name ‘boondi’. These ladoos are a mix of small boondis and are relished equally by kids and adults. This easy and fuss free recipe of sinfully delicious ladoos can be made at home for your next festival or puja.
Ingredients in Boondi Ke Ladoo: A sweet treat made with gram flour (besan) batter along with with cashews, raisins, saffron and the light flavor of cardamom.
Ingredients Of Boondi Ke Ladoo (Laddu)
- 500 Gram Gram flour
- 1 Litre Water or milk
- 750 Gram Ghee (for frying)
- 750 Gram Sugar
- 3 1/2 Cups Water
- 10-12 drops Orange color
- 10-12 Saffron flakes, soaked
- 50 Gram Cashew nuts, chopped
- 50 Gram Raisins
- 10 Cardamoms , peeled
- Boondi strainer or fryer of medium sized holes
How to Make Boondi ke Ladoo (Laddu)
- 1.Prepare a thin batter with gram flour and water or milk. Heat ghee in a pan.
- 2.Fill the fryer or strainer with the batter up to the half.
- 3.Position it over pan and drain boondis in hot ghee by hitting the strainer on side of the pan, lifting up then again hitting. This process should be finished very quickly.
- 4.Fry them to golden color, drain and remove. Use up all the batter.
- 5.Prepare sugar syrup of one and a half thread consistency by boiling sugar and water.
- 6.Add saffron water and color to the syrup. Mix the boondis, syrup, dry fruits and cardamom.
- 7.After 10 minutes, sprinkle over a little hot water, cover and keep for 1 1/2 hour.
- 8.Prepare round balls with moist hands.