Anger management: 20 tips to tame your temper
Keeping control over your temper can be challenging. Use some simple anger management tips-
Do you lose your temper when someone cuts you off in traffic? Does your blood pressure play high & low when your child refuses to cooperate?
Anger is a very normal and even healthy emotion; however, it’s important to deal with it in a positive way. Uncontrolled anger can become a problem for you and your relationships.
Here are a few tips to take control of your anger!
1. Think before you speak
2. Once you’re calm, express your anger
3. Get some exercise
4. Take a timeout
5. Identify possible solutions
6. Stick with ‘I’ statements
7. Don’t hold a grudge
8. Use humour to release tension
9. Practice relaxation skills
10. Know when to seek help
11. Understand that anger is a problem
12. Monitor your anger
13. Feel the anger and DON’T do it anyway
14. Watch yourself angry: the Federer cure
15. Look after yourself
16. Understand the ultimate source of your anger: SHOULDING
17. Become less judgmental
18. Think like a scientist, not a lawyer
20. Get your facts straight