The appearance of dark circles under the eyes can make a person look older than they really are. They are usually caused by sleep deprivation, allergies, stress, fluid retention and lifestyle behaviors – smoking, drinking alcohol and using amphetamines, just to name a few.
The good news is that there is no need to spend a ridiculous amount of money on expensive creams and cosmetic procedures. You can remove your dark circles with natural remedies. Cucumbers and cold tea bags are among the most common.
If you have developed dark circles, there is no need to panic. You will not be stuck with them forever. Take a look at these remedies and get rid of them for good.
1. Coconut Oil– The benefits of coconut oil are endless; it improves your health and physical appearance. If you have noticed the appearance of dark circles under your eyes simply massage extra virgin coconut oil under your eyes before going to bed. Rinse in the morning with lukewarm water. How does this work? The vitamin E and antioxidants found in coconut oil help heal and repair damaged skin cells. It also has anti-inflammatory properties, which helps reduce swelling.
2. Cucumber– Cucumbers work well by themselves, but if you’re looking for a quicker fix, try soaking two cucumbers in lemon juice for 3 to 5 minutes in the refrigerator. Then place them on your eyes for about 10 to 15 minutes. Take the precaution of the lemon juice; avoid getting it in your eyes.
3. Cold Milk– Milk contains lactic acid, which has been shown to help reduce darkness and puffiness around the eye. Simply soak two cotton balls in cold milk and then place them under your eyes for a few minutes.
4. Tomato– Tomatoes are known to help lighten the skin drastically. They have bleaching properties that can remove your dark circles in no time. Mix 1 teaspoon of tomato juice and one-half teaspoon of lemon juice. Simply apply this mixture under your eyes and let it sit for 10 minutes. Rinse with water. Use this remedy two times a week for a few weeks.
5. Cold Tea Bags– Eliminate your dark circles and relieve tired eyes with a couple of tea bags. Steep two tea bags in hot water for 3 to 5 minutes, place them into a container then put them in the refrigerator and leave them in there for about 20 minutes. Take them out, squeeze out any leftover liquid, then simply lay down and put them over your eyes. Leave on for about 15 to 30 minutes.
6. Lemon Juice– Soak your cucumbers in it, mix it with your tomato juice or simply apply it alone to remove dark circles under your eyes. Soak a cotton ball with fresh lemon juice, and then apply it around your eyes. Leave it on for about 10 minutes then rinse. You can do this once a day for a few weeks.
7. Rose Water– Rosewater rejuvenates the skin, soothes tired eyes and helps reduce dark circles. Soak a cotton pad in rose water for about 3 minutes and then place the soaked pad directly on your closed eyelids. Leave it on for 15 minutes. For the fastest results, follow this remedy twice daily for 2 to 3 weeks.
Products to relieve dark circles and puffiness:
Made with Pomegranate Seed, Rose Hip, and Citrus, the Acid Alert Eye Cream by Lavido is a lightweight hydrosol water-based cream. It will revive, hydrate, moisturize, brighten, and relieve puffiness around the eye area.
Phyto Contour, an anti-fatigue contour cream by Yon-Ka Paris, has proven to eliminate dark circles, signs of tiredness, and puffiness around the eyes. It firms and tones the skin with rosemary, while decongesting blocked sinuses with its minty-fresh aroma.
Targeting the sensitive under-eye area, emerginC lighten-up under-eye circle fighter reduces the appearance of dark circles by nourishing and brightening with aloe, chamomile, green tea, and liquorice root.