Recipe Servings: 4
Total Cook Time:
Difficulty Level: Difficult
About Sohan Halwa Recipe: Sohan Halwa is a traditional Indian sweet made with maida, milk and dry fruits. Traditionally it is made in circular rounds.
Ingredients Of Sohan Halwa
- 1/2 kg sugar
- 1/2 kg cornflour or maida
- 1/4 kg almonds
- 100 gm pistachio
- 50 gm green cardamom
- 1/2 kg ghee
- 1 cup milk
- 2 liters water
- 1 tsp saffron
How to Make Sohan Halwa
- 1.Heat 1 liter water, add sugar and boil for 5 minutes.
- 2.Add 1 cup milk and boil for 5 minutes.
- 3.Strain it through a muslin bag or thin cloth.
- 4.Add the remaining water and sugar syrup.
- 5.Dissolve 1 tsp saffron in warm water and add.
- 6.Dissolve the cornflour in a little water. Add to the cornflour mixture and cook over low flame.
- 7.When cornflour becomes thick, add 1 tbsp ghee.
- 8.Continue adding ghee (1/2 kg) slowly during cooking to prevent it from sticking to the pan.
- 9.Stir it well. As ghee separates from the mixture, then it is ready.
- 10.Add almonds, pistachio & green cardamoms in it.
- 11.Grease a pan or tray with oil.
- 12.Spread halwa in it & press with a wooden spoon to flatten it.
- 13.Garnish it with almonds, pistachio and cardamoms.
- 14.As it cools down, cut it into pieces and serve.